A Little Taste of Summer
We’re definitely starting to enjoy a little more daylight at this time of year but with such a cold nip in the air, summer still seems such a long, long time off.
If your mind is on warm sunny days, here’s a little taste of sunshine from our kitchen team to tide you over.
As you’re tucking in, think sitting outside The Ship while enjoying food and drinks al fresco!
BBQ Pineapple with Rum and Raisin
1 ripe pineapple peeled
2oz light muscovado sugar
2fl oz rum
- Remove eyes from pineapple and cut in half (length ways).
- Remove the centre core from the pineapple and slice into wedges
- Melt the butter on a griddle pan, add sugar, raisins, and pecan nuts and cook until the sugar has melted and the mixture becomes syrup like.
- Add the rum and mix in well.
- Grill the pineapple until golden brown (approx 2 minutes on each side).
- Serve the pineapple wedges with the rum and raisin sauce spooned over and garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and a sprig of mint.