Well, at long last, I am pleased to announce that the Ship Inn is now re-opening on Monday 26th April 2021.
As you will all realise, we will have to make some changes in how we operate in order to minimise the danger of the Covid 19 virus which is still around and still highly dangerous. For the safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers and to respect the rules and recommendations of the Government, please be aware of the following:-
1) To comply with Social Distancing of 1 metre +, we have had to remove some tables from the bar and restaurant which obviously means reduced capacity.
2) Customers will not be allowed to stand or sit at the bar for drinks.
3) Tables in the bar and restaurant should be booked in advance and will be for food and drinks – not drinks only. Please phone or email if you wish to reserve tables (don’t use Facebook). Table bookings will be for a maximum of 2 hours so please make sure you arrive promptly.
4) Please follow Social Distancing instructions and show respect and consideration to our staff and your fellow customers – these conditions are for the safety and wellbeing of us all. We will require customers passing to and from the toilets from the bar and restaurant to wear masks so please ensure you have one with you.
5) We have installed several dispensers for hand sanitiser around the premises and request that customers use them responsibly.
6) Customers who reserve tables will be required to give their names, telephone numbers and addresses to assist the Government’s Track & Trace initiative.
We are all looking forward to re-opening and seeing all our customers again. We will do everything we can to give you the best experience possible and hope you will enjoy coming back to the Ship Inn again. As long as this terrible virus remains a danger, we will have to adapt to the new circumstances and hope that customers will appreciate that we are doing our best and will show patience and understanding if we are unable to offer our usual service.
Hope to see you all soon.